Saturday, February 27, 2010

Uncle Bob Log - First Entry



This is Uncle Bob. He's Dan's godfather and a close family friend. He met Sofia when she was just a few weeks old but since then she's only had a handful of visits with him.

But you wouldn't know that by how much she talks about him.

I've mentioned it once before about how out of the blue one night asked for him before bed. And then she'll just sporadically say his name every once in awhile. I never really know what prompts it.

So then a couple of weeks ago in anticipation of my sister's visit I asked Sofia if she knew who was coming soon. No answer, of course.

So I say in an Oprah-esque introduction kind of way, "Tiaaaa Emmm-ahhhh-lyyyyyyyyy!"

And she gets excited and responds, "Yeah! Emeee!" And then very somberly and matter-of-factly says,

"Uncle Bob, no Uncle Bob."

These little stories really make me laugh so I've decided to start an Uncle Bob Log. Maybe we'll determine a pattern...

Uncle Bob Log 1: February 24, 2010
Just when I think she's got Uncle Bob out of her system she surprises me again. Last weekend I bought Sofia this cute little strawberry bib



and so on this day I put it on her for the first time. When I pulled it out of the bib drawer and went to put it on her and she squealed with delight, "Strawberry bib!"

"Yeah," I responded, "don't you love your new bib?" And she answers,

"Oh! Strawberry bib. Uncle Bob give to me."

And then I'm left as I usually am when she brings him up out of the blue, completely confused and thoroughly amused.

No comments: