Monday, February 8, 2010

Pee pah of Changes

"We wah wosie. Pee pah posie."

This is what I heard coming from the backseat of the car from my sweet Sofia. I turned back to see just what she was up to and I see Barney and Kitty Cat mashed against each other, Sofia choreographing them in a dance to Ring Around the Rosies, sung by none other than herself.

I had never heard her sing the whole song by herself before and was so grateful to be stopped at a red light long enough to capture this little gem!

My favorite part is how she says "Pee pah posie!" How ever she gets that out of "pocket full of posies" I have no idea, but it is the cutest. This video was taken about a month ago, and it was a little sad for me just last week to hear her sing it again and actually use the word, "pocket."

One of the hardest adjustments with her growing so fast is realizing that she's leaving behind a little bit of baby every day. I heard somewhere the other day that life is change. And while it's such a simple, maybe even cliche thought, it really stuck with me. With so much that has changed in my life over the last few years it was comforting to remind myself that we will forever be evolving and not to be sad about it but to embrace the changes.

Luckily for us we have this blog, it's photos, videos and memories to remember the days when "pee pah" meant "pocket full of." And while it's bittersweet to watch my little baby become a toddler we're so excited for the changes she's making and the true joy she brings to our lives every day.

No comments: