Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hand Me Downs for Baby K

Tia Emily came to visit last week so we could go to Babies R Us and complete a daunting task for a first-time mother: picking items for a baby registry. It was very fun, especially for me since I love to dispense advice and opinions and for once, Emily didn't mind hearing it!

I also had Dan go up to our attic and retrieve all the baby things we've been saving for whichever baby came next. And lucky for Emily and Jeff, it's Baby K.



Those are six entirely full boxes (double Sofia's height as you can see) full of little girl clothes, sizes 0-18 months. In my defense and before you deem me a shopping addict, I had three full bins donated to me by my generous sister-in-law during my pregnancy.

There are three smaller boxes full of tiny baby shoes and socks, a large tub full of baby toys and a couple of medium tubs full of bottles and other feeding items.

We also packed up Emily's car with Sofia's old bassinet. It's a miracle it all fit.

It was exciting to pass it along but part of me was sad to think that I may never need those little girl clothes again. You see, I have already determined that our next child will be a boy. This worked for my sister-in-law, Julie. She just said she was having boys and she did. So maybe it will work for me. Plus, last summer in Laredo a bruja dangled a necklace over my palm and told me I was having a girl (Sofia), then a boy and then later another girl.

I choose to believe her.

But that's only because I liked what she said! Although I'm not quite sure where that last little girl is coming from because I think I have to close up shop after the next boy baby.

We shall see...

Anyway, we are very excited for Baby K and can't wait to see her in all those cute little outfits. My sister has the boxes stacked in their home office and when she brought her friend over to see all her hand-me-downs her friend exclaimed, "Wow! How many kids does your sister have?!"

One, just one. One very lucky little girl who has a generous aunt, loving friends and family and a Mom who loves to use Gymbucks.

1 comment:

Kazmowife said...

Baby K and her parents are extremely grateful to all those clothes and baby "stuff". We'll repay you by always making Sofia's outfit look good...