Thursday, April 9, 2009

Happy Birthday, Daddy!


Sofia and Daddy at the Bayou last weekend

Today Dan turns 37. We're going to celebrate this weekend with a small gathering of friends at a local restaurant but tonight me and Sofia are taking him to eat his favorite: sushi. It should be fun.

This morning when Dan was in the shower I hijacked his cell phone, removed the sim card and inserted it into a brand new iPhone I got him as a surprise. I put the new phone in a gift bag and put it in the kitchen next to all of Sofia's Easter supplies for daycare so he wouldn't notice it. I then nonchalantly asked him where his phone was because I needed a number out of it. When he couldn't find it I told him to call it; when he did, the little bag on the counter started to ring. He was pretty confused but looked in there and saw the little silver Apple logo on a black box. He couldn't believe it. He was so excited, like a little boy on Christmas. After that though it was as if I weren't in the room! He was so busy playing with it. I was so happy he liked his gift. He was very surprised, especially since he's never really mentioned wanting one, but he had always mentioned how cool they were. I loved getting him a gift that I knew he would never buy himself.

As most of you know, Dan's really a great guy. He's been a great husband these past seven years and really proved to be an even better Daddy to Sofia.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAN!!! WE LOVE YOU!

No comments: