Thursday, April 23, 2009

Easter 2009

This Easter was interesting. Our little family never made it to Mass so that was sort of weird. Dan worked an overnight shift at LBJ Hospital's ER which brings him home at 7:30 am on Sunday. And Sofia's ears decided on another infection which kept her (and me) up most of the night Saturday. We were all pretty wiped out on Sunday but made it over to Grandma and Grandpa's for Easter lunch and for Sofia's second Easter celebration.

Last year we celebrated at Papi's house. Last year she was much smaller and slept a lot more. Last year I didn't get her an Easter basket.


our little Easter bunny

This year we celebrated with Grandma and Grandpa and our family friend, Rosemary. This year she had just gotten her first haircut and is walking. This year I got her an Easter basket.

And for those of us who know how important the Easter dress is, here's Sofia modeling it.


The front. Look at that happy smile!



The back.

Notice the adorable white patent mary jane's. An Easter gift from Tia Emily & Uncle Jeff. They squeak (on purpose) with each step she takes. It is pretty hilarious. She loves the sound they make and I swear she walks more when they're on. I think she likes the idea that she's making something happen. And I like how I can hear how far away she's getting from me or if she's stopped squeaking I can go see what she's getting herself into. And even better, they're adorable! Go check them out... Wee Squeak Shoes

Anyway, I somehow managed to forget to take a pic of her Easter baskets (two, one from Grandma & Grandpa and one from us.) And even stranger, Grandma didn't take a picture of them either. But she did get a shot of Sofia playing with her new magnetic drawing table. It was a real hit. Good job, Easter Bunny!



I hope you all had a blessed Easter. God bless! Love, the Coussirats

No comments: