Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Together Again





This is Sofia at Petsmart picking up her beloved Thathy Boy. We dropped him off to be groomed all the while discussing how Jax was being dropped off to take a bath and then we'd go to the park and then we would come back to pick him up. Sofia stood by quietly confused as I passed him over but as we were leaving the store she was telling anyone who would listen that Thathy Boy getting a bath. Thathy Boy allll clean!

So imagine my surprise when we get in the car and my sweet little girl's face drops and her chin protrudes and her cry is a new one. It's a truly sad one. There's desperation in her voice, Where'd Thathy Boy go?

It was so sad. I'm used to the whiny, annoying cry when something doesn't go her way. Not this sad, sad cry that tugs my heart. I explained to her that Jaxy was ok and that we'd pick him up soon.

By the time we made it to the park she was fine. And when we returned as promised to pick him up she was so happy and again announced to anyone who would listen that Thathy Boy got a bath. Thathy Boy alll clean!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: