Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Baby's New Shoes



Every once in awhile when I'm at Marshall's I think Mom and Abuela are in heaven looking down on me with joy. I imagine they're so proud that they've raised a savvy shopper who can appreciate good quality items at beyond reasonable prices.

Every once in awhile I imagine maybe they are so proud of me that they ordain an especially exciting deal. This happened today. Thank you, Mom and Abuela.

I've seen this $75 brand of shoes for my dear Sofia at boutiques and I always hold them for awhile and examine them and think "Oh! How cute Sofia's little feet would look in a pair." I look at the price tag and I get mixed emotions. Usually the first emotion is related to how ridiculously priced these shoes are, the second is usually a bit of envious disdain for the mothers who can justify the price, or I mean afford, to buy them for their little girls and the third is something like, "Who knows? Maybe one day."

Well my day has come. My Marshall's angels, Mom and Abuela, had one pair (in Sofia's next size up, no less) on sale for $20. I indulged.

Sofia was so excited to model them she wouldn't even let me put her pants back on.



Oh! And I showed them to Michael and told him I worried they may get too dirty too fast and his brilliant suggestion was to Scotch Guard them. The smallest twinge of guilt I had is now gone! Now we just have to wait for her feet to grow into them - should be perfect for Summer.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

I love love love the shoes! I am the same way and I always see those and wish I could get them for Ella! Lucky Sophia. :) We need to go shoe shopping together for our girls sometime