Thursday, March 18, 2010

Parties, Parties, Parties!

My party adventures started late last month when my (pregnant) friend Bobby and I threw a very casual shower for our other (pregnant) friend, Lindsey.



Lindsey has an almost-two year old, Isaiah, who's cuteness has been featured on this blog before, so she didn't need too much stuff in the baby department. But since the next baby was to be a girl we had to shower her with pink stuff and dresses! We had a lot of fun.



Bobby, Lindsey and I all met while working at ANICO in Galveston and we've remained close. We have lunch once a week and were sad to see Lindsey put on bed rest a couple of weeks before Evie's birth. And soon Bobby will be giving birth to her little man and I'll be left all alone with no one but Michael Strickland to lunch with... I'm already missing my friends!!!!

March 13, 2010 - An Over-Scheduled Mommy Calendar Day
On this day, Sofia had been invited to two birthday parties, and me a baby shower. Funny, Dan had been scheduled to work in the ER that day. Coincidence? Doubt it. It didn't matter though, Sofia was a trooper, nary a meltdown and we ended up having a really fun day. I mean, cake three times in one day, how can any kid complain?

10:30 am - We head to a joint birthday party at a Bouncy House place for two of Sofia's friends from school, Kyle and Aiden. It was at the same place we'd been to before for another birthday party and Sofia was rather scared of the bounce house but this time she was far more adventurous. I didn't get any pictures that weren't big blurs of bouncing kids but I can tell you, she had fun!

She got to sit next to the birthday-boy, Aiden, who got his cake first. I noticed what a polite little girl she is as she sat next to him and his big serving of cake. She waited patiently for her own cupcake but I swear to you her gaze did not move from Aiden's cake for a second.



Here's a shot of Sofia's version of a hug. She walks up to Aiden and puts her cheek on him.



Here she is crying when Kyle decides he doesn't want a hug.



Sofia's favorite teacher from her old classroom who she affectionately calls, Fluffy, was there too.



11:30 am - the party is over and I have to drive 30 minutes south to get to Bobby's 2:00 baby shower. In hopes that Sofia would nap on the way I gave her the forbidden-except-in-your-crib-paci. It worked! And she got in a 20 minute nap.

We still had some time to kill. So I headed to Babies R Us to get some more presents for Bobby and then Sofia and I stopped at McDonald's for a mommy-daughter lunch. It was fun!

2:00 - Bobby's shower. Sofia had fun bringing all of the presents to Bobby



and playing with all of baby Hodge's new toys,



and helping herself to the snack table.



5:00 - we headed even further south to celebrate Mackenzie's 4th birthday. Mackenzie's mom, Kristy, is yet another one of the ANICO girls I worked with. She and her family live in San Antonio now but were in town visiting her in-laws where the birthday party was held.

We walked in and both of her girls were wearing the exact same shirt as Sofia. It was completely unplanned and completely hilarious! It was impossible to get 3 children under the age of 4 in one picture but here are Sofia and Mackenzie in their matching shirts,



and Sofia and Cameron, who are only 9 days apart, in their matching shirts. So cute!



Sofia had a blast with the girls! It was a backyard dream for her too with swings and bubbles and yet another bouncy house.





Baby Nolan had fun too,



and even let Bobby practice holding a little boy.



And Sofia got to eat her third piece of cake in one day!



Sofia fell straight to sleep when we got home and I fell straight onto the couch with a nice, cold adult beverage. It was a fun day, from 10am - 9pm, nonstop! I wasn't sure what to expect out of Sofia but she was really great all day. All in all it was a fun mommy-daughter day!!!

No comments: