Thursday, April 15, 2010

"Greengrass is fun!"

Wednesday night. There's sort of a gloom hanging in the air. Sofia is tired and grouchy. Dan is fighting a cold, Grandpa has cancer and is headed to surgery the next day. The house is a mess, I haven't even unpacked from our weekend trip. The smell of heated up leftovers and grilled cheese sandwiches is doing nothing for the mood. So I did the only thing I could think of.

I put some Bluegrass music on our television's digital music channel and we ate dinner to some Patsy Cline. The mood slowly lifted.

Sofia declares she's finished. "I want to see Bluegrass on tv," she requests. I explain to her that it was only music to listen to, not to watch but that we could go in there and dance. "Daddy too." Another request. We oblige.

And for a few moments all is okay with our world again. We dance a silly jig as a family, Jax jumping in excitement with us.

After the music is over and we're on to the rest of our evening routine Sofia exclaims, "Greengrass is fun!"

1 comment:

Kazmowife said...

I pray for you, Dan, Sofia, and everyone every night. Cheers to family jig moments. Savor them!

Love, Em