Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Easter Candy

When I think of the Easter holidays of my youth I think of frilly dresses and hats, Papi chasing a young "Easter Emily" around the backyard (that's a story for another day!) I think of Easter baskets and eggs and Mom's Easter ham.

But what I remember most are the Cadbury eggs.

Mom loved them. She would buy them the minute they went on sale. For me a Cadbury egg is as essential to Easter as the Easter bunny. And Jesus, of course, but you know what I mean!

So I had to buy them for Sofia's basket. I actually don't even like them but I figured maybe she would and as I've already pointed out, Easter just isn't the same without a Cadbury egg.

I think there was more candy in this house this Easter than even during Halloween. Between the neighborhood egg hunt, the party at daycare and the family Easter gifts we had more candy than any one two-year old (and her Mommy) need. So I had to heed my mother-in-law's advice when she told me to just throw it away because it would just keep on coming. She was right!

By the end of the day on Sunday, after dinner, I told Sofia she could pick one thing - whatever she wanted - as her final treat because I was throwing the rest of it away. So I was so confused when she kept saying, "obu." I held out baskets and bags and bowls full of candy, I paraded chocolate ducks and bunnies and even cupcakes before her in an attempt to decipher just what "obu" meant. Then Dan figured it out. And asked her, "Oval? You want an egg?"

Yes!

And she went after it with a serious gusto. I think it would seriously take me about 10 minutes to finish one of those things. Hers was gone in about 60 seconds flat.

Enjoy!


2 comments:

Ellagator said...

That is the most adorable thing I've ever seen! We have got to get our girls together. I always look at your blog and Ella loves to see pics of Sopia as she says! :)

Kazmowife said...

Cadbury eggs are a Easter staple! And the way Sofia scarfed down that obu would have made Mom (or any chocolate lover) proud. What a sweet girl!