Thursday, December 3, 2009

Overheard

Sofia and I were cuddling on the couch before bed. She taps her tiny little finger on my nose and says, "Nose. Big nose."

I was thinking, Thanks a lot for saying I have a big nose, but instead I laughed and tapped her nose and asked, "Well, what's this?"

And she says, "Li-doo nose." (little nose)

For awhile now she's been noting when something is big. Like how she eats these mini waffles and we eat big waffles so she'll say, "big waffle." But that was the first time she's talked about something being little. And I'm just constantly surprised by how much she knows! She's talking more and more and I lose count of how many new phrases she says every day. I wish I could remember and cherish them all but time just keeps moving and before I know it I won't even remember a time when our sweet girl couldn't talk.

No comments: