Thursday, November 12, 2009

Overheard

I took Sofia to the park today and I was out of her sight, but I could see her. She looked around, then called for me.

Sofia: Mommy, ah you...? Mommy?

Me: Sofia, I'm here.

Sofia: Oh. Hi, Mommy. How ah you, Mommy?

It was so cute. She's really picking up the phrases we say. She hears me say "How are you?" on the phone a lot and she usually repeats it after I say it but this was the first time she used it on her own. My sweet little girl.

She's also been saying, "I'm sowee," lately anytime she gets hurt. I realized it's because I say it to her whenever I unwittingly bump her head on the car door while getting her in the car, or when the seat belt is too hot and scalds her a bit or when I pull a little hair while taking her ponytails out. So now when she bumps her arm or hurts herself in any way she apologizes to her self! She's so fun...

1 comment:

Kendra said...

That is so adorable! I just love when they say things. Ella is starting to say little phrases. Whenever she's looking for me she says "Mama er are you?" It's the cutest. She also says "Daddy dont do dat!" :)