Monday, July 6, 2009

We Officially Have a "Little Girl"

I have so many things from the past couple of weeks to share with you but first of all this:



those, my friends, are pigtails. For some reason when I imagined having a child I always imagined a happy little girl with pigtails. And here she is



singing "Wheels on the Bus." And notice the booster chair. This was a first.

The restaurant we were in was out of high chairs. There was another couple there - with triplets. One family managed to monopolize every high chair the restaurant had. It was a good feeling to know that our little family can't do that. That family deserved all those high chairs. God bless them!

Father's Day 2009


This year we spent Father's Day here in Houston. We kept it low-key and just decided to meet at the mall near Grandma & Grandpa's house. Memorial City Mall has a great kids play area



and a really cool carousel.



We thought it would be great for Grandpa to take her on her first carousel ride. It would be a memory she could keep forever



of Grandpa torturing her. She didn't like it at all, even when we tried to take her on it.



Grandpa did his best to make it up to her with several free cookie samples.



It worked.



The mall also had great miniature train displays set up. Sofia really loved watching all the trains and she learned all sorts of new train sounds. She even got to be the conductor of one!



(Note: To save my reputation, I must point out that the matching black and white gingham was NOT done on purpose. I'm not that mom. By the time I realized it I didn't feel like changing either one of us so we just went with it. Dan said it wouldn't look as bad since he wasn't wearing a matching shirt! I agreed out of laziness.)

Daddy was sweet enough to give Sofia a ride on his shoulders



and Grandma was sweet enough to capture Sofia's plumber aspirations from behind.



In Grandma's defense, we made her take this photo. She really didn't want to embarrass her poor granddaughter but she succumbed to the peer pressure!

It was a fun relaxing afternoon and a nice way to spend Father's Day during this wretchedly hot Houston summer.

By the way, these were taken last year around Father's Day 2008. It's fun to see how much she changed in just a short year.

The Children's Museum
Thursdays are like my Fridays since I typically don't work on Fridays. Thursdays are also Free Day at Houston's Children's Museum. So one Thursday we took Sofia. It was madness but she still had a blast in their newly renovated Tot Spot. After Summer is over and it's a little less crazy we'll have to go back.

She climbed up things.



She slid down things.



She twirled big, colorful, plastic flowers.



She played with what my friend Lindsey perfectly described as a "Huge Lite Brite." It was so cool.







She drew with chalk.



She pretended to drive a car.



And she pretended to be a Gas Station Attendant.



She really had a great time! I can't wait to take her back.

Stay tuned for more updates soon. I have lots to share about a trip to D/FW and lots of fun stuff from July 4th weekend. I have more pictures than time!

No comments: