Tuesday, July 7, 2009

June 26 - 29

This was a fun weekend. Unfortunately, Dan had to work. But Sofia and I headed out to Dallas on Friday. She was to have a fun-filled weekend with Emi and I was going to have a "Me Weekend!"

I love road trips with Sofia. She's really good in the car. This time we stopped for lunch at a world famous rest stop, Buc-Ees. Some of you may recognize the Buc-Ees Beaver.



They even have their own blog. Crazy.

They also have life-size bears in front of this store. Since it was just me and Sofia and a bunch of strangers in a parking lot I couldn't get her to pose very well with the Mama bear or the Baby bear.





Right after I took these a guy walked by and said he sure hoped she never saw one in real life and thought they were as friendly and still as the ones she sees outside of gas stations. I guess he's right but whatever.

Anyway once we got to town I took Sofia to Emi's to spend the night. I was actually in town because a group of people who I used to wait tables with at Cozymel's in Grapevine were all getting together for a reunion. Crazy to think it had been nearly 10 years. Also crazy to think it's where I met my husband, and where my best friend met her husband. Good times...



The next day I went and picked up Sofia from Emi's and we got over to see Bobo as quickly as we could. Jeff's sister, Kelly K, was in town so we played tourist and headed down to the Fort Worth Stockyards and had lunch with Jeff and Emily



Dayle (Kelly's college friend) and Kelly (Jeff's sister)



and Mary.



Sofia tried on Bobo's hat



and then sat on a saddle for the first time.







Unfortunately it wasn't atop a horse. I was going to take her to see the miniature horses but it was so crazy hot outside we decided to skip it.

I took Sofia back to Emi's where she got to play with her best friend. She thinks Matthew's funny.



The rest of the weekend we spent with friends, just enjoying our weekend.

But Daddy was glad when we got home.

No comments: