Friday, August 16, 2013

The Tooth Fairy's First Visit

Well, it happened! Our little girl lost her first tooth. I still remember the first time she found out that kids lose their teeth. She was probably just three and the idea petrified her. Times, they have a-changed!

I really don't think I've seen her more excited and proud about anything before. 

Her tooth has been loose for some weeks now. And she's been working on it, pushing it with her tongue, showing it off and announcing it to anyone who looked her way. But then suddenly today, seemingly out if the blue she hopped in the car and announced excitedly, "I'm going to lose my tooth today!" with such certainty. 

Thirty minutes later we're sitting on my bed and she's showing me her tooth. She was right, it really was wiggly and looking pretty unstable. So, I asked her if I could try to pull it. I never thought she'd say yes, but she did. I yanked with a tissue but stopped when she winced. She giggled, continued scoping it out in the mirror and came up to me three more times, each time handing me a tissue and saying, "Ok, try again!" The third time was the charm!



Thank goodness she couldn't stop talking about the tooth fairy all night so Dan and I wouldn't forget our duty. Sofia insisted on leaving the TF a note reminding her to lock the door after she left and to please not take the box with the tooth in it with her. She also gave the evicted tooth one last cleaning with a toothbrush so it looked it's best for the Tooth Fairy, who left five one dollar bills in the little wooden box to replace that little tooth. I can't wait to hear her reaction in the morning! 

Going through these "firsts" with her is so fun! I can't wait to experience these moments with all three of our little ones. 

No comments: