Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Weekend With Dad

I am the luckiest girl! I got to spend a last weekend in New Orleans with these girls,



our friend Tracey and my sister.

I love that city, it was my fourth visit and I never get tired of it. We spent some time in the Garden District, ate a fancy lunch at Commander's Palace and walked around the French Quarter. All the while, Dan was home getting some one on two time with our sweet girls who, despite my elation about my alone time, I missed like crazy. I kept begging him to text me photos and videos. I'll share some of them here so you can see what a weekend with Daddy is like.

So while I shared with him pictures like this,



he would send me sweet shots like this. Quite a contrast, huh!?





I was sad to miss Russian Christmas this year while I was away, but I thought of the kids as we passed by the nativity scene at the St. Louis Cathedral. I sent this picture to Sofia since she has such a fascination with baby Jesus and the nativity. Notice on the face of the church the shadow that is cast from a statue of Jesus in the courtyard. Our tour guide called it a Before and After scene of Jesus. I thought it was pretty cool.



Dan sent me pictures from Grandma's house of Sofia wearing Aunt Mac's red hat,



and video of her playing with a new Christmas present from the Henkes.



and video of Ana being Ana... crazy.



I sent them video of the street music on Bourbon Street. (Turn down your volume; it's kind of loud.)



It was also a big football weekend so they laid around in their pjs watching the game,





and Sofia got her puppy ready for the Dog Show



before heading out to the park.



They're so sweet - all three of them. We sure are lucky we have such a great daddy! I know they probably had even more fun than I did with these girls - and that's saying a lot.





But it's true what they say... "distance makes the heart grow fonder," ...I came back loving my kids even more than I did before. Thanks, Daddy!

No comments: