Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Miami

I was so happy and excited to be able to take Sofia to Miami. Miami always makes me think of Mom and I feel close to her while I'm there. It's her culture and her friends and all the family that she loved so much.

Papi and I flew in together with Sofia from Dallas and she flew like an old pro. In fact, she slept the whole trip! We stayed with my Tia Clarita, Sofia's "Abuela Tia Atu", and Tio Piti. I love to visit their home because it's so warm and inviting. I didn't want to leave and if it weren't for how much we missed Daddy we may have never come home! We were able to visit with so many people - first our family friend, Pepe came and then Tia Odilia and Davy came to meet Sofia, and my cousin Maggie and Pepe and their beautiful daughters, Gaby and Alex came. Alexandra is the best babysitter - I felt like I was traveling with my own personal nanny. She stayed an extra day with us and when she had to leave to go on vacation I felt weird without her! I missed my "shadow!" Here are some pictures at Atu's house. For some reason there are no photos of Tia Atu on my camera and I know there's really no sense in taking pictures unless she's in them but I don't know what else to say; so I hope she'll forgive me!


Sofia and her "mini-Mommy," Alexandra


Sofia and Gaby


Sofia and Maggie


with Pepe Achon


with Tia Odilia

We got to spend a whole day at Tio Ramonin's beautiful apartment on the beach. Sofia got to meet her Tia Areli, cousins Michael and Leslie and her husband, Dusty and their sweet baby girl, Aliana. Tio Ramonin wasn't there but he came by another day to visit. We were also lucky enough to see my mom's Aunt Dinorah and Tio Rene. It was a lovely trip. I really enjoyed sharing Sofia with her family. They're all so loving and it was nice to finally introduce her to all the Miamians!!


Areli, Leslie, Sofia and Aliana


with Michael and Aliana


with her cousin, Aliana


with Tia Dinorah


Tio Rene, Tia Dinorah, me and Sofia


Sofia and her Bobo


meeting her Tio R


with Tia Areli and Tio R

We can't wait to go back!!! Click the album below for all the pictures...

Miami

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I took my granddaughter Sofia, accompanied by her mom Angie to her first trip to Miami. She was wonderful. She had a nice pleasant trip on the plane sitting by the window as required by AA. She smiled and ate without a problem. No problems with popping ears as we landed!!
She had a nice visit with tia Clarita and tio Piti and also visit with her cousins Maggi and her daughters. Cousin Alexandra was a wonderful baby sitter. She also visit my tios Ramonin and Areli in Sunny Isle and met cousin Alina for the first time. She also met Leslie and her husband Dusty and cousin Michael. Tios Rene and Dinorah of Miami Beach came to meet Sofia, as well.
What a great trip.